Sunday 10 April 2011

Tez bday n shopping!


Fri: It was Tez's bday and I really hate buying presents: mainly for three reasons that I can think of:.

1.Most people wont tell you what they want, they utilise the old adage : 'Its the thought that counts' : If this was true i'd buy you a 50 p ring... which lets be fair i have done..on a few occasions. 
2.The other reason is that people like surprises, and from peoples expressions I can tell you, the 50p ring really does fulfill this issue,
3.People don't like saying they want a gift. Bollox to that, if you are my friend, you know I am not one for ceremony, and i am asking what you want, because I want to get you a gift! So logically lets Win - Win (or Bipolar win) and tell me what you want which results in you getting a present you want, and means I feel good amd fulfill my friendship yearning and i buy you a present.

A few of my friends have caught onto this bi-polar winning idea and it works amazingly..Tez being one of these friends, he got a nice pair of trainers he really liked...
On my way to Tez's i went and visited another friend who I have lost touch with in the last year or two, which is sad but it was his bday a while ago but due to customs I got him a helmet... which didnt fit his head, and everyone says I'm big headed!

So went to Loop bar, and for the first time in months there were no stories, it was a non eventful night out. Dont get me wrong it was fun and all the usual, dancing n joking about, bantering with friends took place, but nothing X-factorish. End of the night we walked approximately 20 minutes to the nearest halal KFC, which was closed and so it was another 20 minute walk back to the car, now usually i would be a bit of a bitch, and complain about this, but Im trying not to be a bitch, because
a) No one likes a bitch, most importantly me and
b) I was able to converse and get to know this really nice girl, a comedian too, nothing to write home about but defo 'friend material'.

I also got to give love advise to a friend who had 'one-itus' a terrible affliction which can affect people of all ages, races, creeds and sexual orientations. Its never nice to see anyone affected by this, which whilst it is explainable using value (another blog post that should be coming soon) this does not limit its effect, bit like mourning and AIDS.

I also met Tez's house mate again: a 6 in hind-sight. When i first met her she looked rough, no makeup, or anything in her joggers, and then she went upstairs to got read y to go to work, dressed better and with makeup and i genuinely did not recognise her and thought:  ure hot (6.5/7), who are you? These may have actually been the actual words that came out of my mouth: Suffice to say i informed her that her new nickname was Bi-polar. Then here is where I got confused, on three occasions in the following convo she said: "Im really not that bad looking without making up and joggers" I ignored this statement every time she said it.  So firstly:
a) I wasn't sure if this was a question or statement.
b) The answer was yes, yes you were!
c) Ure so less hot now that you care so much.

It worries me how whilst i am totally straight i find traits in women that generally women stereotypically find hot in men: Confidence & humor being the primary two, this however would be fine, and i can put it down to being rare qualities and therefore just naural but recently i have become stylish (er) which is also worrying, but it was for this reason that I went shopping with Ste, and Gok Wan'd him up, and this happened on a Saturday after 4 hours sleep:

Sat: The day of shopping started with a trip to Debenhams with Monica, where she bought some shoes and i flirted with the girls selling the shoes (Bi-winning moment) It was girls shoes buying so i was a bit NFI but it was good catching up with Monica!  Then I went onto see Marc which was awesome, sat on a big Harley Davidson bike, drank one of the best coke's ever and pre-planned a trip to Florida, as well as doing some Jiujitsu's leg training in the lovely sun, which reminds me when i move to London i need to get on that MMA training.

Hit Reading with Ste and it was a constant day of minor Lols other than Gok Wanning him up, i inadvertently flirted with a 17r old girl, luckily for me her sister was not around. We went to Wagamama's and sat right next to another group and made conversation with them, just to see how awkward we could make it: I think we were too nice/ friendly and instead we just had a bit of banter, i think i was a bit disappointed at their positive responses.. I think that makes me officially weird! 

The funniest moment of the day was when we were in Zara and Ste went to try on some shirts and the till lady went to get him some token type thing and this is what ensued:

Random Guy: (Whilst tilting his head towards the till, shirt in hand) 'Can i get this please?
ME: Umm yeah... do you want me to go behind the till and sort it out?
ME: Pass me the shirt (whilst behind the till) 
RG: .....
ME: (Staring at shirt and till like something is wrong)
RG: (Passes me his debit card)
ME: Its fine i cant believe this but ure the 10,000 th customer, umm, you can take the shirt for free. Let me just go double check with the manager... (Walks off to a shopping assistant)
ME to Shopping Assistant: Hi, so there is a short over there (points passed the guy in question) If i was to buy the shirt for a friend and it didn't fit can i bring it back?
Shopping assistant : Yeah thats not a problem.
ME: Ahhh ure the nicest... (Steps out of line so guy can see shopping assistant) Are u 100% sure??
Shopping Assistant : Yeah thats fine bring it back within, leave the tags, etc etc.. (she shakes her head with a smile)
Me back to RG- We cant give u a bag, but if you go in the dressing room, as we have to make sure this is for u and not a gift, go put the t- shirt on, and you can just woalk off with it, you go do that and i will go clear it with the security and call head office... Good Luck ill be a bit busy so wont see you again! *



I called Ste and I/we promptly left! 

We then went to the Admiral in Reading and as i am now leaving Bracknell i finally find/meet people that are cool and i would and could have fun with, Like Chloe, Rhianna, Kali etc.. Oh well, but we went and Ste said it was like the Isle of man, which it is: Bare whiteage, drinking and everyone knowing everyone!

And then Sunday a day of bed n lots of chocolate as tomorrow Insanity starts!

 * This maybe an exaggerated version of the actual events!

No comments:

Post a Comment