Tuesday 12 April 2011

Haters and why I love them!

When i begin my blog entry initiation I always want to start with the word 'so'!

 Now I did a presentation at work recently, and there is a guy who is a very 'one better than you' type person. We all know someone like this, no matter what you say, he has a story or a comment to make him one better... For examples:

Me: I met Alicia Dixon...
Him: You should have asked her if she found my wallet, Im sure i dropped it at hers.


Me: (Chatting up two random girls at a work do)
Him: "Credit were credit is due Abs... but in my day when i went to a work do i chatted up these.... 3 random girls..." (He didnt actually say this, but i couldnt think of the multitude of one better comments he has made over the last year to me)

Ah yes so the presentation at work: Everyone was like nice presentation, confident, funny etc, but his feedback was "You say 'So' too much". Now im not sure if its a fulfilling prophecy but i now actually think i do say it too much...

And even though i am semi complaining about this guy - I have to admit i do appreciate him and this is why:

As a person I am extremely confident bordering on arrogant, i personally think i am arrogant but i think i split others 50/50 with this one. Therefore praise in itself re inforces my own personal view that i am awesome, and does make me like people who give me compliments more (See previous blog for the logic behind that one). However, whether true or not I already believe this, so if you give me positive feedback I will like you more but it doesnt really help me develop and become even more awesome, and this is why i appreciate this guy, because whilst everyone was impressed and gave me positive proverbial 'suck my dick' comments he never, he never even tried to unzip my proverbial pants, instead he said and i quote:

"You say 'so' too much".

But i dont like him, even though I should. He is helping me develop and progress but  whilst my stupid brain may understand this on a logical level my emotionally charged centres are wired not to like him and to prefer people who like and praise me... Stupid brain, but at least i understand the dynamics behind this, so I will try to make the conscious effort to not hate haters for they add much needed value to my life and can help me become even more awesome-o.

I know pretty difficult right?? :p... I think this is why people dont think Im arrogant cos even my arrogant lines are tongue in cheek!

No comments:

Post a Comment