Friday 22 April 2011

The Ghetto

I am trying to engineer a move to London, so i went to view a place in Oval, now i am quite naive about the type of places in London, and the type of areas, and living standards... Now before i get into this story let me just indicate I am either an anti-racist, or a complete... racist: I do not discriminate against any one, of any colour, I have black, yellow, asian, muslim, sikh, jewish, homophobic, and sexist jokes... everyone is fair game as far as i am concerned. In fact i can go so far as to say i do my bit to bring black and white together, or get in the way not too sure.. let me know...




But as i was saying i went to Oval to see a place in a gated community, but not like good gated, definitely bad gated.... It was full of black kids on bmx's that were too small for them, 2 which i am sure followed me around, and were seriously starting to freak me out a little bit...black people sitting on balconies.. In fact the only way i could describe it to say it was like i had left england and been tranported to a wonderful TV set.. The TV set of: 'The Wire'.


Luckily as i left this TV set, i got to the bus stop and didnt know how to get Clapham, a lovely old black woman who looked like this + 30 more years:

gave me loads of friendly advice, after which she said :

"Normally i would charge people for this information". (but in an old school black accent)
Me: "Oh ok, fine, normally i would charge women for this but since ure sooo friendly and cute.... *Proceed to give her a big hug*
Both: LOLS!

And i was quickly reminded judging anyone based on colour is wrong and i shouldnt be scared of black people..with this newly remembered information i proceeded to see a cute white girl also smiling at the hugging event. So I had a good chat about types of places in london... Thanks to her, because this experience, and chatting to her and others has made me realise i cant wait to move to the white centric area of Clapham!


No comments:

Post a Comment