Wednesday 4 May 2011

Yoga

I had heard and been aware of Yoga for many years but I distinctly remember a cool friend called 'Hunter' (not his real name - cos then he wud be weird and not that cool) used to be a Pilates teacher, and invited me to a class. I just thought what a bell...end, as if, stretching and moving around in slow motion could be fun - such a girlie crappy thing to do...

Well I had this image of him being all smooth and silky helping girls perfect silly poses whilst everyone giggled around, this maybe due to the sales pitch i recieved trying to convince me to attend. I advised him i did not need to come to a yoga class to pick up girls...

I dont understand the link to be honest, and it is one that comes up a few times... A girl friend of mine said the same thing, ' Oh Abs, I bet you only want to come to Yoga for the girls' Sometimes I worry for these friends of mine, why wud anyone in their right mind want to see a potential lover all stretched out, sweaty, tired, panty and out of breath, i just dont get it.. :p Anyhow wouldnt it be easier to just wait outside the yoga class??

 But I did start doing Yoga a few months ago and let me start by saying Yoga is not for pussies! I mean dont get me wrong i am sure there are 'pussified' versions, like there is in everything.. 'Tag football' the pussified version of American Football or George W Bush the pussified version of Genghis Khan, and my favourite analogy Lesbian fisting the pussified version of sex.

For anyone who has not done it, I have only done the p90x version and i can only describe it as invigorating experience for my mind body and soul. The first few times it felt like doing an intense workout, I was sweating head to toe, falling around like i was playing Twister with fat people. But as time has gone on, I have become more nimble, flexible, stretchy and generally more 'cat' like. And the after affects I can only describe as the feeling you have post sex (not that ive ever had sex, because im a virgin, im just assuming)... its like finishing and just before u go to sleep going 'ahhh'. That's right if I could sum up why I enjoy Yoga its because it makes me feel 'Ahhh'.

 A good friend of mine has being doing a Bikram Yoga challenge you can read up on it here if you like:

3 comments:

  1. Right On Abs. Yoga is the Bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..Yoga is such a girlie crappy thing to do is it? You massive donut! Well am glad you enjoyed it, who is the massive 'pussy' now? You have officialy been pussified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Story Tom...
    Umm Anon - i was arguing it wasnt or explained how i changed my pov on it... ignore the pretty pics and read the blog :)

    ReplyDelete