Tuesday 3 May 2011

Osama Bin Laden

The latest news on the wire is that Osama Bin Laden is dead, now the method in which I heard this was quite funny. I can just imagine one day being asked...

"Daddy, how did you find out Osama was dead?"
"Well, Son, i was fb'ing a girl, no, not your mum, and she said:

'My Monday juices are flowing'

Now I like most people in this situation, got a hard on and then thought two things: Wow ure forward, and wow thats hot, because it happened so quickly I cant remember in which order this took place, its a debate not too unlike the chicken vs the egg. However the sad news was that i misunderstood, she was talking about her cerebral juices in relation to a debate that was ensuing in regards to the killing of said charismatic terrorist/Al Qaeda figure head. But the Good news, which is always so craved after the realisation of sad news, was that Osama was dead.

And for the record these are my 2 cents on the matter:

I think Osama was a terrorist and not a nice person at all, in fact I think this of all entities/people who kill innocent people, which is why i dislike Israel, America and to a lesser extent the UK Government, who could arguably also be called terrorist regimes.


 A statement and view such as this brings lucidity to this narrative:

"The good guys have killed the bad guy"

Now I have watched enough Hollywood movies to ascertain the good guy never kills the bad guy, and if he does, its because he runs at him at the end, or its out of the heroes control, not because they send in a hit squad of seals. I'm pretty sure Hero rhetoric sounds more like this:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - 
Martin Luther King, Jr

Osama was shot in the head, now basic and im pretty sure advanced army training, would teach to shoot in the chest as it will usually kill someone, and is the largest mass to aim for.. this was done, Osama was shot in the chest, now it is beyond me why he was then shot in the head? Sounds a bit like a straight up 'killing'. Again just words for thought...

At this current point in time, people are highly doubtful as to whether Osama is dead or not, and I think if u believe or think this you are naive. It would be extremely silly and potentially political suicide (the ok kind lol) if Obama got this wrong.

I also dislike the term martyr being used to describe Osama, he was not a good person, and was a terrorist, I hope other Muslims realise this, and if they dont, they should remember this quote:

If someone kills another person - unless it is in retaliation for someone else or for causing corruption in the earth - it is as if he had murdered all mankind... (Surat al-Ma'ida: 32)
Im pretty sure secretaries, bankers and managers dont count as people causing corruption on the earth, and remember even in wartime it is against Islamic principles/rules to kill innocent people, inc women, children and slaves...

 Finally, I think people need to get some perspective, mainly those people chanting 'USA' outside the White House, the death of Osama will not do much to Al-Qaeda as an organisation, they are not a top down structure which will be affected by the loss of their charismatic leader.


Also I belive its a good thing they didnt bury him on land, not sure or clear on the exact Islamic view on this, but my initial view is that America took the right course on action with this, and there wont be a mini pilgrimage centre set up in the coming years and decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment