Sunday 5 June 2011

Power of the Spoken Word


As I have already mentioned I am but a 100 m away from the mall, hence I have frequented the mall more so than I usually ever would in the UK. Thus I have a had a fair few random encounters, these stories are the amalgamation of just some (There are more, if you know me feel free to ask about the Skittles story and the Go-Go Dancer) of the events that have transpired there.

I have already mentioned that Americans have been super friendly to me. I noticed as scary of some of them look, after 10 minutes of conversation they totally open up to me and are super friendly and act like I have known them for weeks. Check out the below before and after photos, it seems my accent is like some super crazy social lubrication. I feel like I have magic powers:



This girl looked scary but you cant really tell in the photos
After less than 10 minutes of conversation as I am about to leave.
 
This next lady I met in Victoria Secret’s and whilst she was quite friendly from the get go, she looked like a right ‘rocker’ type tattooed Harley Davidson riding-esque woman who could really handle herself. But again after less than 10 minutes of conversation this lady went from friendly to lovable, but keep in mind the context we are in a mall at 5 pm. This would never happen in the UK:
Shockers in hand!
 It wasn't only the ladies who were totally friendly, I met a really awesomely unique dressed guy who I just did not imagine would be dressed as such in a smallish town like this. He could have quite easily be seen at a Buffy the Vampire Slayer event:
Apparently he was massively influenced by British fashion... Really??
Friendlier- ish Vampire
I also met a really nice Cougar (by this I mean older attractive woman, before any feminista's get angry at me) who persuaded me to get my first ever facial all free of charge. I figured this trip is all about experiencing new things: My skin felt re-invigorated and oxygenated according to the marketing hype, but im pretty sure  my skin is always oxygenated. A really funny thing I overheard was a sales woman try to sell a product using the following line: "I dont know exactly what it does, but its really amazing". Wow that sales techniques is unheard of in England, even the sales techniques in America are advanced.
Once the facial was done, we went round to the Revlon counter, found another girl and we went for coffee at Starbucks... wow this was surreal. Is this what being famous feels like I wondered?? I planned to meet most of these people at future times, and cant wait to see if this has a snowball effect and I meet even more people and have further crazy adventures

I have also been downtown Boise, which I will blog on but the next blog will be about the most awesome house party I have ever been to...

No comments:

Post a Comment