Saturday 4 June 2011

Mall Fun


As I am in America on my own I have most weekday evenings to fly solo and spend my own time doing things. I want to have adventures, so after 2 days of nothing much happening (in the evenings) I go out to the Mall to look for adventure and souvenirs/presents for people.

After spending way too much time in Victoria Secret’s, (for a present obviously :P) I continue to look around the Mall which is a stone throw from my hotel. I walk around a food court, and the American’s are known for their ‘laaarge’ food portions, and yes the large had to be extended, just because of how much these Americans can serve and eat... Impressive amounts, even small people,  from the below pictures you will see, even these women could eat as much, if not more than me.


I find a real nice juice area, which I am probably going to again as soon I’ve blogged. I purchase a medium smoothie, which was an X-Large for an English guy and quite easily could have been enough for a small person’s dinner, but was like the nicest smoothie I have ever had! I notice some girls and one who had the most awesome hair do, like actual Amy Winehouse-esque!

I went over and before I could even get one sentence out, these girls are all smiley, interrupting me with great enthusiasm saying “OMG (actually) you are British”. Ummm… "Yes... yes I am!" And this is when I realised, regardless of my personality, looks, wealth or anything, these girls were totally digging on me just because of something totally out of my control: The way I sounded.
Side profile of her hair

Nooo...Bitches!


I felt like, what I assume a girl does, when a guy totally hits on them just because they are pretty. But as I continue chatting to these girls, they were loads of fun, and I was totally appreciating the love they had of my accent and humour (Which for the record is a hit, even though today someone did say I need to understand my audience… time to curb ever so slightly me thinks).

I realise these girls are beauticians, and in fairness they were beautiful, so their jobs totally suited them. This was further compounded when one of them said: “How does money work over there?” I replied, “Oh we have pounds”. To which one of the girls assked : “You weigh your money?”. I was slightly impressed until I noticed she was looking at me waiting to explain, I look around the table and both of the others are waiting for me to answer… I just LOL’d to which they were totally confused, and this is when I was like wow'd, but in a totally endearing, younger sister kind of way.

The longer I spend the more I think these girls were really fun and quite sweet and would make totally self amusing party girls, and what I assume spending time on TOWIE set. So we exchange details, go to my hotel and then totally decide we will party it up sometime during the following weeks…Should be lots of fun..

Now off I go to the Mall for that smoothie… I think there may be something addictive in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment