Wednesday 15 June 2011

Am I famous?

You may have read some of the blog posts recently and thought, This guy is a
douche, or, Wow this guy should have his own reality show. Well, whilst I do flip
between these thoughts myself, and even though I am sure others may not feel
these are disparate concepts, I think they are, and it’s my blog, so there!

A colleague from England joined me in Boise, and I told her the stories you have
read so far as well as some others. While she was genuinely amazed I felt like she
didn’t believe them all 100%. The reason I think she didn’t believe me 100% was
because when I would tell her the things I was doing, her responses were things
like:
•   No way!!
•   Are u pulling my leg??
•   No, I don’t believe you did that . . . really??
•   Is this 100% the truth? (you can see where I thought she might not believe
them 100%)

And while I have been known to exaggerate a story or two in my time (try not to
be too shocked), all the stories I told her were (yes, most definitely, entirely) 100%
true.



I was hoping she would witness the awesome craziness that I was experiencing
in the USA. We went into one of my favourite eateries in Boise: The Cheescake
Factory. My colleague and I were having a ball of a time, cracking jokes, being
inappropriate, having lots and lots of fun and generally being quite loud. There was
a couple next to us, who seemed like they were on a date, but looked as though
they were not having too much fun. The night continued, until I asked them a
question - I cannot recollect what the question was - but this was the beginning of
some more random fun in Boise.

We somehow convinced this couple to cancel the rest of their date and join my
colleague and me. They seemed more than happy to do so (must’ve been a REALLY
bad date!). The waitress seemed really confused the next time she came back,
as we were all having a really fun conversation - one that good friends who have
known each other for years have.

This couple was really cool; they were only 18 years old but they seemed wise,
intelligent and as mature as university 23 year olds. It was this couple that taught
me 3 important laws in Idaho:

1. You cannot fish on a Giraffe

2. Fornication is illegal.

3. Oral Sex is Illegal (full stop).

As we planned to meet up again and be introduced to some of the cool shops
downtown, where I hoped to buy some presents, they asked me something which
no one has ever asked me, and I was more than happy to oblige them.
The happy couple with my first autograph

I was asked for an autograph! After being internally flabbergasted and eventually
signing I was asked: “Are you famous?” My colleague giggled, and I answered “No,
but you never know. If I hang around in Idaho much longer I may be.” My colleague
quipped in, “He’s famous in the Mall” which I ignored. I was in my own little world . .
. I had just signed my first autograph, a feeling that I could most
definitely get used to.
The four of us having lols

On the way back on her rounds the waitress came to our conjoined table, had
some LOLs herself and we got her to join us at our table and took some pictures
with her. Apparently she also lost a virginity that day - after 25 years of waiting
tables this had never happened to her and she had never had so much fun at work.
My story and job for the day had been done, and finally my colleague was now
involved in one of my American stories.
The whole crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment