Tuesday 6 December 2011

Modelling part 2



I realised I haven't blogged in such a long time and this is because I am having so much fun and I am so busy.. I actually don't understand how people with fun lives find the time to blog...kudos to them, but here is a weak ass attempt at one, mainly with pictures even though when i do find time i may just recount some of the crazy fun I have had recently...


Since i last wrote I have been to three casting events for Catwalk models:

One – they decided they no longer wanted guys after 2 castings.
Two – I got the job and did my first catwalk and below are the pictures.
Three- After competing against 300 other people I got selected and if I can get a 6 pack will be modelling topless at Wembley and Birmingham NEC.

So what I have realised that as much as I love being the centre of attention modelling is not that great, mainly because I have to be quiet and not smile. The rehearsals and casting however have been nothing but an absolute blast. I have had so much fun, meeting new people, flirting like crazy and generally having so much self amusement. What I have realised is that most models are quite attractive (not all) and therefore lack some elements of personality (again not all of them) so I have found that I have really stood out, and having banter/self amusing with some of the models has been relatively easy. One fun random conversation I remember:

Model: So how serious are you about this modelling?
Me: Not really, will be quite hard to go mainstream, I ain’t like super hot, Brad Pitt styliee.. I am a 6 – maybe a 7.5 with make up (on a side note you will see i actually wore make up) and hair done.
Model: Yeah, but your personality is seriously like a 10
Me: Thanks but Umm.. model casters are really into that whole personality thing, I mean no you are right that’s really important for modelling, its what they are looking for (Sarcastically said)
Model: Exactly
Me: LOL

However there have been a group of models that have really stood out as people. I have genuinely loved hanging out with and I can happily say I have made a really cool bunch of quite good looking friends, even though most of my friends are already quite good looking, I now have a group of model friends, which is interesting if nothing else.

I am now doing the Insanity (workout) properly so I can try and get this 6 pack, but modelling wont be no long term plan: Wearing make up, getting waxes and having to not smile and looking constipated and serious is not fun. Looking back I have to admit my ego has had an awesome boost, probably at the expense of my conversational repertoire or tit for tat but in 20 years time when i look at my kids and say 'I was once a model' and force them to gaze upon my doctored pictures' the shocked look on their face, a lot like the shocked look on most people's faces now, will be well worth it!

Casting number 2

Casting number 1

Backstage at the show having lols

Standard Zoolander w/ Mugatu

Me flirting.

Me on the show looking mad, constipated and Singh is King styliee with my 4 wives behind

No comments:

Post a Comment