Monday 24 October 2011

Pre-Fashion Show party!

I was invited to a fashion event pre-party as the +1 of a lovely girl I know from the BBC. Fashion and catwalks have never really been my thing, but as most of you know self amusement is, so the opportunity to do this with attractive but probably quite dense girls was an opportunity I was not going to forego...



So off I went; the crazy started with me wearing a ginger cake heart around my neck. I was inspired by Flava Flav - I figured if he could wear a clock I could wear a big ginger German inspired heart!




BBC on the left and Media Relations lady on the right


When I got asked why I was wearing it my standard response was to look confused (model-like) and answer, 'Because I can'. This seemed to be okay as an answer for most of the people. At one point I realised I don't like self amusing unless people realise what's going on. When they don't it takes half the fun out of it, and I just feel a bit mean.

I had my ginger bread hung from my belt buckle down and asked one of the models the quickest way to a guys heart. She looked confused so I pointed downwards from my stomach onto my crotch and then to the dangling heart and said, "Through his stomach." She giggled and said she didn't get it. I explained the saying and pointed at my stomach and the heart dangling. I realised the gears were churning in her head and became massively distracted and left her to talk to Tez who from what I heard had some self amusement which she did not register either.

After normal banter with some other models we met this really cool one. She was one of 2 people I physically 'gave my heart to'. We had loads of banter with her. Tez get on really well with her, and when he said she was the female version of me.. I could totally understand why :p





Later, I gave an interview with some cameras about the passion I had for modelling and the cultural significance of the fashion event - totally made up off the top of my head ... I impressed myself. I must have spoken to them for like 5 mins.

Then I got spotted...

Girl: Are you a model?
Me: No.
Girl: No, really, are you a model?
Me: Still, really no...why?
Girl: You'd be perfect! You have the look.
Me: Are you trying to get in my pants or are you being serious?
Girl: Hah! You wud know if I was hitting on you. I'm not.

She then got me a business card of the guy who arranged all the models for the fashion event...

It hit me she was being serious so I gave her the only genuine compliment I could and she became the second girl I 'gave my heart to'. This girl, on a total side note, had platinum looking nails which was why her nickname became Ms Wolverine.




Ms Wolverine!

Ouch

The modelling story does not end here... But since then I have been invited to two casting events which I will fill you in on next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment