Tuesday 11 September 2012

Catch up



Once upon a time I had a beard.Wasn't the most fun person to be around. Didn't party, stopped flirting and being very sociable. I preached to all my friends about how they shouldn't chase tail and be (better) Muslims. Ahh better times!

I noticed that about 5 of my friends stuck around. I am sure it's not by chance 4/5 are in my shapes.

I met and spent time with the 5th 8 years later.


Nothing had changed, well instead of playing pro Evo we were playing FIFA. Instead of making beans on toast we were ordering pizza and milkshakes. Instead of arguing and winning debates he convinced me why I was wrong and he was right. Either he learnt Jedi mind tricks or becoming a barrister is quite useful. Things had changed but less fun, more articulate, nerdy Abs was back.

He hadn't felt I had changed much except I was better dressed, he then went on to prove: If you model by proxy you lose intelligence.

**************

9 years ago I had a crush on this girl. We also caught up a few days ago, after not meeting for years. 

We met up and the dynamic was great. We were both massive flirts then and still were now. 25 mins in and  she was showing me how she had no breasts, had lost weight, explaining her life at the priory for sex and drug addiction. Many an awesome story was shared by both of us. 

It felt like meeting a new person. It was exciting and great fun. She felt I now oozed 'it', whatever that was. It was disappointing that this was 9 years too late. I did say at one point: 

'This is what you could have had 9 years ago, I definitely won the sexy race!'  She smiled and gave me the finger!

**************

My first two years at Uni I was louder, less fearful and just more out there than I have ever been. I met my best friends of the time at a wedding. I found I became lighter, more jovial, fun, crazier and more inappropiate. 

My highlight from the day had to be when one of my friends gf said : 'You haven't disappointed, you're as fun as they said' in the same day one of my friends said: 'You are still a charming asshole'.

From these 3 recent encounters I have learnt the old adage: 'People don't change' is untrue. People change, grow, have sex addictions. 
Fundamentally the way I reacted with people at its core had not changed, just context. The abs value to take from this is that context can change you but if you stay true to your core through others you can remain at one with your inner force and connection. Damn, did I just verbally diarrhea that??
Jedi mind tricks I knew it!





Im only human i cant beat these Jedi tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment