Monday 27 August 2012

How A Girl becomes The Girl before becoming Just Another girl (In record time)



A Girl

I met 'a girl' recently. Yes, she was fun and witty, but just another girl. Not tall or curvy (my type) but pretty and worth bantering with. Over the next month or two we shared some witty fun conversation. I got to know her and noticed she was actually quite a sweet girl.


This Girl

We had mutual friends and my best friend and a few others really liked her and thought she was my kind of girl. I was unsure but the witty banter and the being easily influenced helped me decide to take a little leap of faith. One of the mutual friends organised a group meet up.
This got me thinking and I realised that as I was getting to know her I was being a nicer than I usually am at first. I saw an item, which I thought would be sweet and perfect for her. I planned to give this to her when we met (Who was I becoming??).



The day came and the group meet happened. 
At the meet up location, it went something like this . . . 
Her: Funny bumping into you here.
Me: I know right, your lucky day, talk about good luck. Would you like a milkshake? (Because we were at a milkshake shop)
Her: No, I am ok thanks.
Me: So you just happen to be in a milkshake shop and just happened to bump into me, and you don’t want a milkshake . . . are you stalking me again?*
Friend with me: Hey you must be ....

*Unfortunately this got cut off before I got to that punch line, but I am putting it in here because I wanted to let you all know I planned to say it!

Funnily, the whole time we were together I felt unwell. I was in a car journey for 30 minutes with her and had my face outside the window feeling nauseous. Normally I wouldn’t care, but for whatever reason I felt rude. This resulted in me being quite quiet actually. In fact, the whole evening, conversation and fun times were controlled by others. Maybe I was sick in love?? No, that couldn't be it. I had no fluttering stomach, no real adrenaline rushes. I didn’t want to kiss her, but there was something. I did want to be around her. I wanted to fancy her. After she left I felt absolutely fine and back to my good old ‘awe-mazing’ self.

After deciding that I didn't fancy her my friends par one convinced me I had to pursue this. I was told that it was "pretty obvious" she liked me (Obviously, I thought) and to not "be an asshole and mess it up". (Also fair advice; I do have a habit of doing that) Someone else said, "At least spend time with her to realise what you feel." I was convinced by others that she was rather amazing and what with being a super nice, sweet and more-confident-than-I-initially thought lady it was time to treat her like the lady she was.

The Girl
I have never asked a girl out on a date. At least, not until we were seeing each other already. I figured this girl may be worth a breaking of a rule. I planned to ask her out the next day and ensure I mentioned that whilst this was a date, it was a I want to get to know you better kind of date, for i did not want to lead her on. (I was hoping that there were differing types of dates though, if not, I was going to legitimately play the naïve card). 

She, in the nicest possible sense, said no! I was flabbergasted more than upset or disappointed. This made me start to think I had lost it. Where..what…how… these questions and more perturbed me somewhat. I was lost for understanding. How could she not like me?!

This was some real strong but well needed medicine for my ego. Recently (past 6-9 months) it has spiralled a little out of control and this was a well needed ego shock. I am officially not as awesome as I initially thought. I felt yucky. This girl brought about a lot of emotions and actions which were not usual or standard. She was definitely special.


This Girl
I still had her gift; I am totally planning on giving it to her. I got this for her before I had been convinced/decided I liked her. She deserved it on the basis that a) she was a nice person and i think she will become a friend and b) a thanks for knocking me off my perch. Deep down I like being humble. She earned it! 


A Girl
I was talking to an old friend of mine, and I genuinely think that she would be perfect for him. He is a super good person and very religious, like her. That is now on my list of things to do that and give her the present.

I hope this isn't ego protection...only time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment