Monday 6 January 2020

Whats in a T-Shirt

Disclaimer: So I was sent clothes to review for this blog. The owners of this label were banging on about how clothes nowadays have no soul and are merely simple logo/brands. In addition, a massive mark up is placed on clothes all with no real identity.

I got confused. I didn't see the psalms or Quranic quotations placed on his t shirts! But then I saw all the Illuminati  imagery and thought, Ohhh I get it: popular imagery posing as deep meaning. So I thought perhaps this t-shirt was called Illuminati or was about the subjugation of religion using sexuality.

Apparently it's not. . .the T-shirt is called Femme Fatale! Ok, I see the hot girl but anything beyond that and I was scratching my head. Did I let it bother me for long? No! Just look at all the cool designs on it! It looks good, crazy psycho bitch story inspired or not. Their other T-shirts apparently have deep meaningful connotations too but I didn't care. They look cool and have this stylish Saturday night clubbing style look.
Macklemore told the truth :a t-shirt won't get you girls .But if that's what you are looking for, he's wrong and you should go buy a plain Armani/Prada shirt and try your luck at Movida.

However, if you just want a cool, stylish shirt buy one or two of these at : http://www.naked-sunday.com/
I know this because for research purposes I wore this shirt on Saturday and tried to focus conversations on it. I used lines like: 'Yeah so this teeis a funky one, It signifies the subjugation of the church vis-a-vis the sexual revolution of women.'
Let me tell you, the long pause that followed was definitely not one of contemplation. I paused (because I liked the social tension- weird I know), pointed at the woman and said in the tone of defeat: 'Femme fatale!'

One girl paused, looked me dead in the eye and with a disdainful look stated:

'It's only a bloody t-shirt. Are you going to buy me a drink or not?'

Fine, t-shirts won't affect you in any way, but still, I think mine looks pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment