Wednesday 22 February 2012

Looking like a model!


So I was told that for the modelling show I would have to have a 6 pack. And I was 100% totally committed to this effort. This lasted about 3 weeks - and I tell you what, that's a long time when you are doing the Insanity training programme (PS it works)! I did have a hiccup or two around week 5 but by now you could see some definition in the stomach region.





Then, with 2 weeks left for the show, I figured I would do an Insanity workout on an almost zero carb diet. This lasted two days and I could really begin to feel how important carbs are for working out. Hint: very important. 5 minutes into the workout and I felt tired! I gave up the Insanity  workouts and stuck to a high protein, very low carb diet. This maintained my look for a while but then with 1 week to go I'm told I won't be topless and will be wearing a waistcoat!

Snap a doodle doo!! With 4 days to go I ate pizzas, chocolate pastries, Tracker bars, cup cakes and still the occasional protein shake and bars. What can I say? It was now a habit! With a day to go I could see the definition I worked so hard to obtain fading...

There is a reason they call them 'happy  meal'

I have eaten copious amounts of sugar today and I feel the old fun Abs coming back- I didn't realise how much I missed him!! I hadn't flirted with anyone i didn't fancy. I hadn't amused myself at the expense of strangers. Hadn't really met any new people!! Which shows me I can either be happy or look good - I'm choosing diabetes and happy/Inappropriate everytime!

1 comment: