Friday 12 August 2011

WWTMD night out Part 2/3

There is a quote that really resonates when I talk to girls, especially in the first two minutes: Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it.



This was definitely the case a year ago but less so now probably because now i have genuinely stopped caring about what happens, i just go in hoping to have fun. Tonight, though, for the first time in well a long time, this was not the thought and feeling that went through my every vein and artery. I felt a huge adrenaline rush - the pressure was on. Luckily, between my natural personality, my body going into auto pilot and VIP girl being a little intoxicated, within a few minute of banter we are both stood laughing with our backs to the VIP room. Then one of the bouncers makes eye contact with me. Shit! He seems to be walking over in my direction. My heart suddenly skips a beat and my thought process quickens.

I quickly say, ‘Hey I really want to sit down and talk to you. I am a bit tired and want to get to know you. Are we allowed in here?’ and beckon towards the VIP room.
‘No, my cousin is in there,’ she says
‘Oh, its fine, take a risk, it will be fun!’ I grab her hand and start to walk towards the VIP room. The way I saw it, this was the only chance I had. She stops me. I see the bouncer getting closer; I see my 2 friends are trailing behind the bouncer expecting something to happen. ‘Fine, you take me in,’ I say and manoeuvre around her and hold her other hand, and well, gently chide her into the room.

The bouncer walks up to the door, waits a minute and then walks on.

This girl was actually pretty alright. Having a real conversation with her I realise she is a nice girl, sweet, easy to talk to, good sense of humour, and inappropriate as well. I stay in there for 5-10 minutes, but then my 2 friends, a random girl and Lisa come crashing into the VIP room. We speak for a few minutes, and then they all leave, leaving me in the room alone with this girl. I received two text messages within a minute of each other. Both of them say:
What Would Tucker Max Do?

I ask this girl if she wants to get out of here and go... to a toilet. She laughs and asks, ‘Girls or boys?’

Inappropriate, naughty and fun. I decide I like this girl and want to see her again so we exchange numbers. I tell her that I need to go hang out with my friend as tonight is his last day in town so I leave her and head back out to the main area to my friends.

Lisa seems somewhat disappointed but the guys have grins on their faces, and get really excited when they explain how they thought the bouncer was coming to throw me out. I thank them for the texts and decide that I am in the most confident mood I could be in and it’s time to finally accept the challenge set down for me. I genuinely believe that i not only will get a drink from this line but whomever I use it on will be lucky to have me speak to them and surely entertain them with some of the Abs.







I choose my target and deliver the line with a tilt of my head towards the bar as though I am assuming she will buy me this drink. She didn’t, and she did not seem impressed. I decide maybe I am not as good as I thought and perhaps can’t pull of the above line.
I see Lisa looking over, smiling at me in a you-poor-loser-you-just-got-rejected kind of way. Gutted as I was (at it not working, not Lisa’s reaction), I quickly forgot about this like all great disillusioned people and carried on with the night, slowly realising that it was way too hot and I was getting all sweaty.

We decide to leave with my friends and we go out to get some fresh air. As we walk back up the stairs I realise I may not get back in. I bite my wrist and scratch it. I get to the bouncer who seems busy and motions for us to leave. ‘Can we come back in?’ I ask. He looks at my wrist but pre-empting his question I state: ‘Oh I had an allergic reaction to it so I had to throw it off, my friends have theirs on. Anyhow, how many people in here do you know with leather trousers and a Superman belt on?’ He grumbles, says that’s fine and we go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment